A Beginner's Guide to Lip Contouring A Plumper Pout

 


If everyone understood the magic of a good lip contour we’d probably all be walking around with a pout which is absolute #goals! It really amazes me every time I contour my lips at what a HUGE difference it can make to the size and shape of them. Honestly, when I decided to create my Lip Contours everyone thought I was crazy, but a lip liner really is an essential in your beauty bag and it’s the perfect way to upgrade your lip game – I literally don’t leave the house without Lip Contour (Trendsetter & Bombshell are my FAV!). And as if a voluptuous pout wasn’t already exciting enough, when you contour your lips properly it makes your lipstick last so much longer – yes please!

Honestly, the key to visibly enhancing the size and fullness is so easy and you only need three tools to do it: Your favorite lipstick and a matching lip liner, and a slightly paler shade of lipstick.

Your ultimate step-by-step to lip contouring like a pro:

Step 1 – PREP: Exfoliate lips with a warm damp towel and sugar, then blot with a little lip balm.
Step 2 – PRIME: Add a touch of foundation all over lips to create a blank canvas.
Step 3 – DEFINE: Draw an X at the cupid’s bow and outline the lips, being careful not to go too far outside your natural lip line. Make sure they’re even and symmetrical.
Step 4 – FILL: Connect your liner at the corners and fill the lips with liner, fading towards the center. Apply your darker, matching lip shade all over.
Step 5 – HIGHLIGHT: Using a lipstick in a paler shade, dab it onto the center of lips and blend out with your finger to create the illusion of a fuller pout.
Step 6 – CONTOUR: If you want the fullest look possible you can contour around your lips! Check out my 30 second tutorial on my Instagram.



You Might Also Like

0 comments