21 BRAIDS FOR LONG HAIR WITH STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS!


BRAID HAIRSTYLES FOR LONG HAIR

There are tons of ways you can style your hair when it’s long; the updo and easy braid hairstyle options are endless.

I have long hair, and even after recently cutting off 5 inches it’s still pretty long. I always keep my hair long, the last time it was shoulder length was when I was in high school!

I tend to get caught up in a routine of just putting my hair up in a ponytail or wearing it wavy and loose, but in an effort to try and style my hair in different ways—braided hairstyles in particular—I wanted to share 21 braids for long hair that I think you’ll love!

These hairstyles range from easy hair braids to difficult and some braids will need an extra set of hands to start or complete a braid hairstyle (but it is oh-so-worth-it). I’m lucky enough to have several hair stylists in my family, so I get to share with you all of the long hair braids they do on me. 

I find it best when doing most braids for long hair to start with clean and dry hair. Then, depending on the braided hairstyle you choose, you may need some product (gel, mousse, hairspray, etc.). For example, in the loop braid, you’ll see below, my hair had to be slightly damp and I also used mousse to help keep it smooth. Some braids will call for hairspray while some just a spray shine, but often the products depend on your type of hair. If your hair is very soft and sleek you might have to use hairspray to keep it in place. I have natural hair, so I need products to keep it in place.

21 BRAIDS FOR LONG HAIR STEP-BY-STEP TUTORIALS

These braids for long hair range from full-on updos, to side braids, to cute and easy hair braids. The first five braids listed below are my own braid tutorials, then I spent hours and days on the internet looking for the very best braid hairstyles for long hair to include in this guide. As you know I take personal style and looking your best very seriously so I don’t just list braids hairstyle here just to do a list post. I believe that you can dress nice and look stylish every day and that includes a cute hairstyle.

I included a variety of types of braids in this guide, from fishtail braids to french braids, simple three-strand braids, dutch braids, a waterfall braid. Depending on your level of experience with braids you can select the braid that you are most comfortable with first. As you continue to do different braid hairstyles you’ll get better and better at them.

This guide includes a variety of braids for long hair so you have options for different occasions. You could wear the Swedish Crown Braid to a weekend festival and the side french braid bun to a fancy dinner.

Read more

You Might Also Like

0 comments