ColourPop's Super Shock Shadow Creates Bold, Everyday Glamour



We put the ColourPop Super Shock Shadow to the test after receiving a complimentary sample from the brand. Keep reading for our full product review.


Confession! At the beginning of my makeup journey, I would avoid eyeshadows at all costs. I would watch makeup tutorials on YouTube in awe of the art form. When it came time to do an eyeshadow look on myself, I would always quit before starting. Eyeshadows were my biggest fear. 


I’m glad to say after years of practice, I have improved. I learned less is more and have fallen in love with natural eyeshadow looks. Although I love a natural look, it’s always nice to add a hint of glitter. ColourPop Super Shock Shadow was a way of stepping outside my comfort zone and adding a little glam to my life.

About My Eyeshadow Preferences: Simple and gentle

Again, I like a natural look. I’m not a big fan of false lashes (please don’t cancel me), I stay away from bold colors, and dare I say it, I don’t know how to do a wing liner. Yup, you read that correctly. I’m a simple girl and I like it that way. I play by the rules, using my bronzer or blush as a shadow. Overall, I typically stick to browns or gentle pinks if I’m feeling crazy.


How to Apply: Blending is key

I started with a neutral base by using Anastasia Beverly Hills Morocco. A great dupe for this shadow would be Orange Birkin by Anastasia. I placed Morocco on the crease of my eyelids and worked my way up. At that moment, I dedicated myself to blend, blend, blend, for the gods! I then added a light mixture of ColourPop Shock Shadows in Lightning Bug and Moonwalk.  Lightning Bug is a deep copper brown and Moonwalk is a beautiful emerald green (very outside my comfort zone).


The Results: Buildable, everyday glamour


The eyeshadows are stunning. Both are light in pigmentation, but once I sprayed on some Mario Badescu’s Rose Water, the rest was history. I loved how blendable each of the shadows were! This made it easy to create a look that was seamless. I had fun experimenting with Moonwalk and found enjoyment in the shadow being so buildable. This made me feel very in control of my low-key eyeshadow look. The shadows allowed me to pull off glam within my comfort zone. I was shocked at how effortless the shadows worked together. 

I will say the shadows did have quite a bit of fallout when working with them. I would suggest focusing on the eyes first before moving to a foundation. Because the shadows are considered to be shimmers, I decided to cut them some slack before writing them off completely over fallout. The shadows are still great for any beginner looking to expand their makeup skills. I set the foundation for the eyeshadows with Too Faced Born This Way concealer. This helped the eyeshadows stay put throughout the day, and I was fairly impressed.  


You Might Also Like

0 comments